Wednesday, October 27, 2021

A Matter of Inconvenience

 As I sat next to the Pharmacy counter in our local Publix, I decided to count the number of people that were not properly wearing a mask. This included masks worn around the chin, gators of any form, masks exposing the nose, and no mask at all. I excluded children in my count. During the wait of nearly an hour, I counted 37 unmasked patrons. They covered a wide range of ages, from teenagers to elderly and a broud swath of demographics.

I then realized the reason that they were maskless - it's inconvenient. Forget the rest of the hogwash of rights, religious exceptions, medical exceptions, and the like - these people are just too damn lazy to care about another human being other than themselves. Three of the unmasked that I counted were mothers with children in tow. I feel for those kids since they have at least one parent that doesn't care at all.