Saturday, March 12, 2022

20220312 - another year

Scope Cases Deaths
Worldwide 455,762,085 6,059,562
United States 81,154,960 993,044
Florida 5,868,632 71,853
Pinellas County 209,713 3,195
Greetings from our little tin can by the sea where Wendy and I try to survive through the COVID-19 pandemic. The numbers to the left show the current state of the pandemic. After two years, and several "vaccines", the numbers keep climbing. Many people haven't even been injected once with a "vaccine". I keep quoting "vaccine" because it's a misnomer. "Injection" would have been a better word. "Vaccine" carries the onus of one-and-done - I get the shot, and I'm protected against the virus. That's not how it works, and as people began to realize this, they called "foul" and basically tossed all scientific explanation out the window. Unfortunately, our governor is one of them. He has chosen to kill people in favor of raking in taxes from snowbirds and vacationers. Since snowbirds and vacationers are not counted in our case and death totals, he doesn't care. They come here, catch it and take it home to kill even more. We're just resuming "normal" levels after the holiday peak due to the omicron variant. There's talk now to view COVID-19 as endemic, something that has to be dealt with seasonally. As they do that, more will die. I hope that I don't catch it - dying of cancer with friends nearby is one thing, but dying in isolation due to COVID is quite another. I expect that this will continue, so I will post another update for year three if I can.

All I see turns to brown
As the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand
As I scan this wasted land
Try to find, try to find the way I feel
- Led Zeppelin, "Kashmir", Physical Graffiti, Led Zeppelin, 1975