Sunday, January 3, 2021

20210103 we begin

Hope. Every New Years eve brings hope that this next year will be better than the last. Considering how atrocious 2020 was, it should be a low-bar for 2021. On the COVID front, my son-in-law plans to go to work today after a stint with COVID where he still has a cough. Personally, I think that's stupid, but I don't get to set the rules this year, either. My daughter has come down with the virus and is hurting. I hope that her run with it is quick and not long-lasting. I've managed to come down with something affecting my intestines. I see the doc on a televisit this coming Tuesday. 

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.
- Emily Dickenson